A Steep Learning Curve.

Renee_Stephenson_Root Veg_4A_WK 1

I think it's ironic that as an illustrator my most difficult challenge is managing a program called Illustrator. Those folks at Adobe are arguably geniuses and as I am not, I wrestle with it's tools and feel like a small child navigating complex mathematics. Despite the mental exhaustion, I am determined to develop a level of proficiency that allows me to create digital artwork that still is easily identified as "mine".
Today I had a few small breakthroughs using Image Trace, although I still defaulted back to the more familiar Photoshop. The above piece is done as a Bolt Fabric assignment for Make Art That Sells by Lilla Rogers. Regardless of how uncomfortable it feels, I am going to push myself to experiment and most certainly learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment