TGIS

A Day On Lake George 
Thank Goodness It's Spring.
Even this snow-loving girl is ready to stand outside in the sun without the bulk of jackets and boots. I can't wait until I can leave the socks in the top drawer for a few months and reintroduce skirts into the daily wardrobe.
Fashion aside, I am yearning to get into the garden. This year I will be trying my hand at growing potatoes and I will finally be planting some horseradish. Adam has ordered hops to grow along the side of the garage and is excited to brew with his own crop.
Even in the studio it's clear that warmer times are on my mind. My paintings are full of fresh picked garden vegetables and Adirondack summer scenes like the one above.
Can't you just feel the afternoon breeze and hear the soft lapping of the lake water against sun-warmed rocks?

No comments:

Post a Comment